Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Art of 3D Print Failure

"This print had several problems. I switched from a 0.5mm nozzle to a 0.25mm nozzle, the 0.25mm nozzle was much more difficult to calibrate. This weird hole/window problem was caused by several things, too low of a temperature, too few perimeter passes, and a imperfect calibrated extrusion. Things I did to fix it: increased temperature from 230 to 245. Increased perimeter passes from 1 to 2. Changed the extrusion multiplier from 1 to 1.05. It took two days to figure out all those changes, but now Yoda prints nearly perfect."    Walter Gordy